Full Writteen recipe for French fries
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes (including resting time)
Peri peri spice mix
• Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tbsp
• Spicy red chilli powder 1 tsp
• Garlic powder 1 tsp
• Onion powder 1 tsp
• Dry mango powder 1 tsp
• Black pepper powder ½ tsp
• Oregano 1 tsp
• Salt 1 tsp
• Sugar 1 tsp
• In a mixer grinder jar, add all the peri peri spice mix ingredients & grind them well to make a fine powder, you can also add all the ingredients in a jar & mix them well by shaking the jar. Make sure to add powdered sugar if you’re just mixing the spices in the jar
• Your peri peri spice mix is ready.
• Potaotes as required
• Vinegar 2 tsp
• Salt as required
• Black pepper powder a pinch
• Peri peri mix as required
• To make the French fries, peel the potatoes & keep them submerged in cold water, this will prevent them from oxidizing.
• Now to shape them into French fries, you will need to cut both the top & bottom tips of the potato & place it vertically on your chopping board, trim all the four sides of the potato & then cut thick slices of it, they should be 1 cm thick, make sure you cut all the slices evenly.
• Further lay down the thick slices & again cut 1 cm wide french fries, put them in ice cold water & rinse them thoroughly.
• Once you have cut the french fries as required, set a stock pot & boil water in it, add the vinegar & salt to the boiling water.
• Now add the french fries in the boiling water & blanch them for 10 minutes, keep stirring them in regular intervals using a spider so that they cook evenly.
• After 10 minutes, take them out of the boiling & place them on a wire rack, if you don’t have wire rack then you can place them on a paper towel lined tray.
• Let them rest for 10-15 minutes & meanwhile heat the oil in a kadhai to fry them later, heat the oil till it reaches 200°C, if you don’t have a thermometer then heat it slightly more than you usually do for frying.
• After the fries have rested & the oil reaches the right temperature, drop the fries carefully in hot oil & fry them for 45-60 seconds.
• After you have fried them for 45-60 seconds, remove them from the hot oil using a spider & place them on a wire rack again & let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
• After this first stage of frying, you can place them in a ziplock bag & freeze them to make instant fries in the future, they can easily last in the freezer for a couple of weeks.
• Once the fries have rested, heat the oil to 200°C again & drop the french fries in the hot oil, the temperature will drop to 170-175°C, maintain the same temperature while frying them, if you don’t have a thermometer to maintain the temperature just lower the flame after heating the oil really well & fry until they turn light golden brown & crispy.
• When the fries turn light golden brown & crispy, transfer them into a bowl using a spider and immediately sprinkle salt to taste & black pepper powder to taste & toss them well.
• Your regular crispy french fries are ready.
• To make peri peri french fries, transfer the fries into bowl after they turn light golden brown & crispy, then immediately sprinkle salt to taste & also sprinkle peri peri spice mix as required & toss them well.
• Your peri peri french fries are ready.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #FrenchFries
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN